Thanks for dropping by! I hope you enjoy exploring my website. You can learn more about me, my books, and my editing and manuscript critiquing services by clicking on the various tabs.
And now, my most recent news:
- I am pleased that so many writers are contacting me for manuscript critiques and mentoring. It is very exciting to be part of their creative process and to be able to help them achieve their writing goals. In particular, I'd like to congratulate Gary Schwartz, my writing mentee, whose middle grade novel The King of Average is being published by Booktrope this fall.
- My new picture book Maggie McGillicuddy's Eye for Trouble will be published by Kids Can Press in autumn of 2016. I am also very pleased to report that I will have two new picture books coming out in 2017 with Owl Kids and a biographical picture book coming out with Kids Can Press in 2018. So thrilling!
- Watch for the next two books in the Puppy Collection, #7 Houdini's Escape (winter 2016) and #8 Nutmeg All Alone (spring 2016). Both are being published by Scholastic Canada.
- The first three books in the Puppy Collection have been picked up the Scholastic book clubs in the United States and are available there now.
- I was pleased to be invited be one of the three poetry book adjudicators for the 22nd Annual Hamilton Literary Awards. The awards will be presented in Hamilton in December 2015.
- I'm continuing to write a monthly column/blog about children's literature called Kid Lit Can for Open Book Toronto.
Here's a sample from Sept 2015:
_and_with_2015_geoffrey_bilson_award_historical_fiction_nominees Check out the Open Book Toronto each month to catch my latest news, tips, and interviews with children's book creators.
Please enjoy exploring my website and finding out about all the books I've written.
If you're a teacher and you're looking for some of the books I've written for Scholastic Education's Literacy Place for the Early Years (K-3) and Moving Up with Literacy Place (4-6) programs, please go to their website here.
If you want to get in touch, you can find out how at Contact Me.